The Damned United (2009) - nächste DAVID PEACE-Verfilmung!

Offline Lionel

• Angemeldet: 29.06.02
    • I'm the King of Moonduk High!
      • Show only replies by Lionel

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001TV0AHW/ref=s9_sima_gw_s0_p14_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=15SHYJJT366HE4BCD051&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

Based on the best-selling book of the same name, The Damned United is the story of one of Britain’s finest ever football managers, Brian Clough, and his curtailed 44-day reign at the helm of Leeds United. It turns out it’s also the tale of his formative years at Derby County, the story of his rivalry with previous Leeds United boss Don Revie, and ultimately, the exploration of his relationship with his assistant, Peter Taylor.

The film explores the story by moving backwards and forwards in time, but always at the heart of The Damned United is its trump card. Michael Sheen has already richly deserved an abundance of plaudits in his acting career, not least for his superb portrayal of David Frost in Frost/Nixon, and he carves out another terrific performance here. Taking on the challenge of playing the larger than life Clough, his work here is tremendous, and the highlight of an already-strong cast that also features Timothy Spall and Colm Meaney.

On the screen, the story of The Damned United is actually distilled into quite a straightforward tale, albeit one considerably enhanced by its aforementioned cast. It wisely keeps its running time trimmed, and while you can’t help but suspect that there’s much to the story that’s not explored here, it’s a good, solid telling of a quite extraordinary tale. Sheen won’t, of course, attract Oscar-attention for such a resoundingly British role, but surely his time, on this latest piece of evidence, will come. --Jon Foster
    (amazon.co.uk)

7.6 bei 3097 Stimmen in der imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1226271/

DVD für 9,49 Euro:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/8850300/The-Damned-United/Product.html

Trailer:

« Letzte Änderung: 21. November 2009, 21:24:41 von Lionel »

Oldboy - Save the Green Planet - My Sassy Girl - Once Upon a Time in High School - I Saw the Devil - The Man from Nowhere - Attack the Gas Station - Silmido - Taegukgi - Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance - Shiri - Joint Security Area - R-Point - Bittersweet Life - Windstruck - Arahan - Crying Fist - City of Violence - Beat - Rush - Memories of Murder - The Host - Friend - The Foul King - A Tale of Two Sisters - The Good, the Bad, the Weird - Peppermint Candy - Thirst - Mother - The Quiet Family - Kick the Moon - 2009: Lost Memories - Geochilmaru - City of the Rising Sun - Barking Dogs Never Bite - Straßen der Gewalt - I'm a Cyborg, but that's ok - Bichunmoo - Musa - Bin Jip - Il Mare - Say Yes - Kilimanjaro - Fighter in the Wind - My Wife is a Gangster - Nowhere to Hide - Public Enemy - Into the Mirror - Tell Me Something - Hansel & Gretel - The Chaser - The Classic - The Way Home

Meine Filmsammlung

Offline Sing-Lung

• Hat Elefanten im Garten
      • Festen som aldrig tar slut...
        • Show only replies by Sing-Lung
      Darauf warte ich schon einige Zeit! Deutsche DVD steht auch bald schon am Start! Wird geholt! 8)

Online JasonXtreme

• Let me be your Valentineee! YEAH!
      • Global Moderator
        • Weiter im Text...
          • Show only replies by JasonXtreme
        Peace, Trailer sieht guad aus.... das is ja wieder so ein fucking Pflichtkauf :D
        Einmal dachte ich ich hätte unrecht... aber ich hatte mich geirrt.

Meine DVDs

Offline Ash

• der Werbe-Bot
        • Die Großen Alten
          • Tod durch SnuSnu
            • Show only replies by Ash
          Schon wer ausser mir gesehen?

The Damned United / Der Ewige Gegner :8: Klasse Fussballfilm über den legendären englischen Trainer Brian Clough, welcher mehrere Provinzvereine zu internationalen Ruhm brachte, unter Anderem Nottingham Forrest. Wie es auch in dem Film heisst: "Brian Clough ist der beste Trainer, den die engl Nationalmannschaft nie hatte"

Offline Lionel

• Angemeldet: 29.06.02
            • I'm the King of Moonduk High!
              • Show only replies by Lionel

The Damned United / Der Ewige Gegner :8: Klasse Fussballfilm über den legendären englischen Trainer Brian Clough, welcher mehrere Provinzvereine zu internationalen Ruhm brachte, unter Anderem Nottingham Forrest. Wie es auch in dem Film heisst: "Brian Clough ist der beste Trainer, den die engl Nationalmannschaft nie hatte"

Sehr schön, das wollt ich hören. Allerdings will ich dann zuerst das Buch lesen.

Oldboy - Save the Green Planet - My Sassy Girl - Once Upon a Time in High School - I Saw the Devil - The Man from Nowhere - Attack the Gas Station - Silmido - Taegukgi - Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance - Shiri - Joint Security Area - R-Point - Bittersweet Life - Windstruck - Arahan - Crying Fist - City of Violence - Beat - Rush - Memories of Murder - The Host - Friend - The Foul King - A Tale of Two Sisters - The Good, the Bad, the Weird - Peppermint Candy - Thirst - Mother - The Quiet Family - Kick the Moon - 2009: Lost Memories - Geochilmaru - City of the Rising Sun - Barking Dogs Never Bite - Straßen der Gewalt - I'm a Cyborg, but that's ok - Bichunmoo - Musa - Bin Jip - Il Mare - Say Yes - Kilimanjaro - Fighter in the Wind - My Wife is a Gangster - Nowhere to Hide - Public Enemy - Into the Mirror - Tell Me Something - Hansel & Gretel - The Chaser - The Classic - The Way Home

Meine Filmsammlung

Online JasonXtreme

• Let me be your Valentineee! YEAH!
            • Global Moderator
              • Weiter im Text...
                • Show only replies by JasonXtreme
              Wenner hier kommt isser geschaut, bei Peace-Verfilmungen bin ich vorsichtig geworden im O-Ton :D
              Einmal dachte ich ich hätte unrecht... aber ich hatte mich geirrt.

Meine DVDs

Offline Sniper

• Die Großen Alten
                  • Show only replies by Sniper

Ich fand den auch gut. Hab wohl vergessen was drüber zu schreiben. Aber ne :7: bekommt der locker.