Black Hills - von Dan Simmons

Offline skfreak

• Serienfreak
  • Die Großen Alten
      • Show only replies by skfreak

Zitat von: autor BarnesAndNoble
    Paha Sapa, a young Sioux warrior, first encounters General George Armstrong Custer as Custer lies dying on the battlefield at Little Bighorn. He believes—as do the holy men of his tribe—that the legendary general's ghost entered him at that moment and will remain with him until Sapa convinces him to leave.

In BLACK HILLS, Dan Simmons weaves the stories of Paha Sapa and Custer together seamlessly, depicting a violent and tumultuous time in the history of Native Americans and the United States Army. Haunted by the voice of the general his people called "Long Hair," Paha Sapa lives a long life, driven by a dramatic vision he experiences in the Black Hills that are his tribe's homeland. As an explosives worker on the massive Mount Rushmore project, he may finally be rid of his ghosts—on the very day FDR comes to South Dakota to dedicate the Jefferson face.

Kennt das Buch schon wer? Also Gunther zum Beispiel???
    Ich hab's mir in der Mittagspause mitgenommen. Auf Deutsch ist es scheinbar noch nicht erschienen.

Ein sehr wohlwollendes Review gibt es hier: :arrow: http://www.dansimmons.com/news/news_items.htm#post

I am very gespannt ;)

Offline Thomas Covenant

• Die Großen Alten
        • Show only replies by Thomas Covenant
      Ich habe es noch nicht gelesen, werde vorher bestimmt Drood lesen wohl demnächst als Hörbuch wenn ich den fünften Game of Thrones durch habe.

Offline Thomas Covenant

• Die Großen Alten
          • Show only replies by Thomas Covenant
        Ich habe es ja abgebrochen. Der erste Simmons den ich nicht zu Ende lesen konnte.
        Mit diesem Buch begann wohl Simmons Phase der, hhmm ich sag mal Belehrung.

Offline skfreak

• Serienfreak
        • Die Großen Alten
            • Show only replies by skfreak
          Ich hab es auch abgebrochen - und ich brech sonst fast nie ein Buch ab....

Offline Havoc

• Bürohengst sucht Paragraphenreiterin
          • Die Großen Alten
            • Let me show you its features, hehehe!
              • Show only replies by Havoc
            Puh, das schreckt ab.  :shock:
            “When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong.  I’m liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life.  Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend.  Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world”