Halloween (2018)

Offline nemesis

• In der Vergangenheit lebender
  • Die Großen Alten
    • Videosaurier
      • Show all replies
    Zitat von: bloody-disgusting.com
    Danny McBride Says ‘Halloween’ Reboot Will Make Michael Myers Scary Again

It’s been right around two months since we’ve heard an update on Danny McBride and David Gordon Green’s reboot of the Halloween franchise, which is headed our way in 2018. The duo is co-writing the script, with Gordon Green (Pineapple Express) set to direct, and McBride just provided some more details about their John Carpenter-approved vision while out promoting next weekend’s Alien: Covenant.

Speaking with the Empire Film Podcast, McBride noted that he and Gordon Green hope to make Michael Myers scary again with their reboot, which will apparently be (on some level) a continuation of the first two (original) Halloween movies:

“Look at where the Halloween franchise has gone. There’s a lot of room for improvement,” McBride joked. “David and I are coming from it as, we are horror fans, and we are humongous fans of John Carpenter and of what he did with the original Halloween, so I think from watching this and being disappointed by other versions of this series, I think we’re just trying to strip it down and just take it back to what was so good about the original. It was just very simple and just achieved that level of horror that wasn’t corny and it wasn’t turning Michael Myers into some supernatural being that couldn’t be killed. That stuff to me isn’t scary. I want to be scared by something that I really think could happen.”

He added, “I think it’s much more horrifying to be scared by someone standing in the shadows while you’re taking the trash out as opposed to someone who can’t be killed pursuing you.”

Carpenter, who may be providing the film’s score, will executive produce with Malek Akkad producing for Trancas and Jason Blum producing for Blumhouse. Gordon Green and McBride will also executive produce under their Rough House Pictures banner.

Michael Myers returns to life on October 19th, 2018.

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
      • Videosaurier
        • Show all replies
      On yesterday’s episode of the Jim Norton & Sam Roberts Show, Danny McBride revealed that the Halloween reboot will be shooting this Fall, and he also spoke more about how he and Gordon Green intend to fix some of the franchise’s past mistakes and make Michael Myers as scary as he was in the original two films. For starters, he won’t be invincible and he won’t have a sister!

“It’s not a reboot, it’s not gonna be a rehash. It’s a continuation of Michael Myers – where we’re choosing to continue it from, you’ll have to see when the movie comes out,” McBride explained. “I’d already seen all these movies but I’ve really been studying them now, and just thinking about all the people that have been hired to make a Michael Myers movie. Just trying to avoid any mistakes that those people might’ve made. The first Halloween is scary as shit. And the second Halloween is scary, but not as scary. And then from there, it isn’t as scary. And I really think that what happens with it is that he basically becomes Frankenstein. No matter what anyone hits him with, he’s not gonna die. There’s no suspense.

McBride added, “We’re just trying to play with that. Make him real. Not make him real by giving him some crazy backstory either. Just getting back to the basics. Even the moment that they made Laurie and Michael Myers siblings – it also makes it not quite as scary. So all that kind of stuff to us… those are the things that took an amazing idea and took it somewhere it wasn’t quite as effective.”

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
        • Videosaurier
          • Show all replies

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
          • Videosaurier
            • Show all replies
          In "Haddonfield" wurde etwas gedreht. Nur was genau, das weiß noch keiner so genau.

*Something* began filming over the weekend in Orange Grove, California, which played the role of the fictional Haddonfield in John Carpenter‘s original film. The iconic original houses were restored to their late ’70s glory for what we can only assume is either a teaser for the film or the film itself. The photos come courtesy of mega fan Steve Piacenza, who told us that members of the crew confirmed to him that whatever was going on was tied to the 2018 Halloween film.

“Was there watching for a couple nights,” Piacenza told me today. “They turned the sets back to the 1978 neighborhood.They emptied out both Annie’s house and the Wallace house. Talked to a few people working on the movie – it’s definitely Halloween.”

He continued, “The entire block was blocked off and the entire neighborhood was sprayed with frost. The babysitter house/the Wallace house. And the murder house/Annie’s house. In the two featured homes, they emptied out home furnishings and put in the retro furniture. Friday night they filmed an ice cream truck with a mother and son walking across the street before disappearing behind the house. A loud scream [was heard]. Huge production. They filmed Thursday and Friday.”

“I talked to a few people working on the movie. They confirmed that it’s Halloween 2018,” Piacenza added. “Was it a teaser or promotion? I have no idea.”

Again, this could all be for a teaser we’ll soon see, but it at least suggests that Gordon Green’s Halloween is going back to the beginning, and will potentially be set in the 1970s – which lines up with everything we’ve heard about the project thus far.

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
            • Videosaurier
              • Show all replies
            Jamie Lee Curtis soll an Bord sein.

Zitat von: comingsoon.net
            Jamie Lee Curtis Will Return as Laurie Strode in 2018’s Halloween!

It was over two years ago that Blumhouse announced they were set to bring the next chapter in the Halloween franchise to the big screen and have continued to turn heads with their ideas for the project. Their latest announcement is definitely intriguing as they’ve confirmed Jamie Lee Curtis will return to the franchise that kicked off her career and she will once again be playing the iconic role of Laurie Strode, who comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers.

Fans are likely scratching their heads at this revelation, since Curtis’ character was unceremoniously killed off in Halloween: Resurrection in 2002, but in true Halloween franchise fashion it would appear that the film will be ignoring the continuity of many of the sequels in favor of telling its own story. Curtis has previously appeared in four films in the series, including the 1978 original, its 1981 sequel, 1998’s Halloween H20: 20 Years Later, and Resurrection.

David Gordon Green (Pineapple Express, Your Highness) will direct Halloween and co-write the script for the film with Danny McBride (yes, Eastbound & Down star Danny McBride).
            Carpenter will executive produce with Malek Akkad producing for Trancas and Jason Blum producing for Blumhouse. Green and McBride will also executive produce under their Rough House Pictures banner. Zanne Devine and David Thwaites will oversee for Miramax which is co-financing with Blumhouse.

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
              • Videosaurier
                • Show all replies
              Trailer bekommen mittlerweile ja immer gerne Teaser... Anyway, Freitag soll der erste Trailer kommen. Hier besagter Teaser:

Und ein paar Bilder:

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
                • Videosaurier
                  • Show all replies
                Nach dem Teaser braucht es selbstredend noch einen Teaser, da es immerhin noch fast einen Tag dauert, bis der Trailer kommt  :D

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
                  • Videosaurier
                    • Show all replies

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
                    • Videosaurier
                      • Show all replies

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
                      • Videosaurier
                        • Show all replies
                      Halloween I + H20 + Resurrection
                      H I - H VI
                      H I + H 2018

So wird ein Schuh draus.

Wie soll man die jetzt eigentlich nennen?
                      - H20-Timeline
                      - Original Timeline
                      - 78/18-Timeline?
                      « Letzte Änderung: 17. September 2018, 19:15:20 von nemesis »

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
                        • Videosaurier
                          • Show all replies
                        Erstaunlicherweise gab die FSK ihn ungekürzt ab 16 frei. Er soll dem Vernehmen nach ja schon ein paar Nettigkeiten am Start haben.

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
                          • Videosaurier
                            • Show all replies

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
                            • Videosaurier
                              • Show all replies
                            Gerade gesehen, und ich gehe mit Stephan mit.
                            Ich hab mir so einiges durchgelesen, was die Leute so an dem Film kritisiert haben. Und überraschenderweise hat mich beim Schauen nichts davon großartig gestört. Stephan erwähnte schon die vergleichsweise entschleunigte Machart, die dem Film gut tut. Der Verzicht auf Presslufthammerkamera, Stakkatoschnitt und inflationäre Jumpscares wirken sich positiv auf das durchaus nostalgisch angehauchte Seherlebnis aus.
                            Ist es ein notwendiges Sequel? Nein.
                            Ist es blöd, dass durch den Film mittlerweile drei Timelines innerhalb der Serie existieren? Ja.
                            Ist es ein brauchbares Sequel?  Für mich dedinitiv. Ich fand ihn besser als die ein oder andere bisherige Fortsetzung.
                            Handwerklich ist der Film mehr als solide, darstellerisch keine Totalausfälle, und Carpenters Score gefiel mir richtig gut.