Star Trek: Picard

Offline nemesis

• In der Vergangenheit lebender
  • Die Großen Alten
    • Videosaurier
      • Show only replies by nemesis

Zitat von: deadline.com
    It’s official — Patrick Stewart is returning to the Star Trek franchise. The acclaimed Shakespearean actor is set to headline a new Star Trek series for CBS All Access, reprising his iconic New Generation character, Captain Jean-Luc Picard. The project, which has been rumored since the June announcement of a Star Trek universe expansion with new series, was just unveiled by Stewart himself in a surprise appearance at the Las Vegas Star Trek Convention.

The new series, which is not a Star Trek: New Generation reboot, will tell the story of the next chapter of Picard’s life. It will be shepherded by Star Trek: Discovery co-creator/executive producer Alex Kurtzman who was tapped to oversee development of new Star Trek content under a big new overall deal with CBS TV Studios.

“With overwhelming joy, it’s a privilege to welcome Sir Patrick Stewart back to the Star Trek fold,” Kurtzman said. “For over 20 years, fans have hoped for the return of Captain Jean-Luc Picard and that day is finally here. We can’t wait to forge new ground, surprise people, and honor generations both new and old.” 

On the creative team for the new series starring Stewart, Kurtzman will be joined by James Duff, who recently joined Star Trek: Discovery as executive producer and signed a CBS Studios overall deal, former Discovery exec producer Akiva Goldsman, Michael Chabon, and Discovery writer Kirsten Beyer.

It’s official — Patrick Stewart is returning to the Star Trek franchise. The acclaimed Shakespearean actor is set to headline a new Star Trek series for CBS All Access, reprising his iconic New Generation character, Captain Jean-Luc Picard. The project, which has been rumored since the June announcement of a Star Trek universe expansion with new series, was just unveiled by Stewart himself in a surprise appearance at the Las Vegas Star Trek Convention.

“I will always be very proud to have been a part of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with Star Trek had run its natural course,” Stewart said. “It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over.” 

“During these past years, it has been humbling to hear many stories about how The Next Generation brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership,” Stewart continued. “I feel I’m ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more.” 

Stewart is one of the most popular stars of the Star Trek franchise. He headline the Star Trek: New Generation series for its seven-season run and also portrayed Picard in the movies Star Trek Generations (1994), Star Trek: First Contact (1996), Star Trek: Insurrection (1998) and Star Trek: Nemesis (2002) as well as in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine‘s pilot “Emissary.”

This is the third Star Trek series to be officially announced, joining Star Trek: Discovery, which is heading into its second season, and the upcoming Star Trek: Short Treks four-part limited series. 

Stewart, who recently toplined the Starz comedy series Blunt Talk, is repped by ICM Partners, Independent Talent Group and Anonymous Content.

Holy Shit!
    « Letzte Änderung: 12. Juli 2019, 21:30:25 von nemesis »

Offline Bloodsurfer

• diagonally parked in a parallel universe...
    • Administrator
      • Pfälzer mit saarländischem Migrationshintergrund
        • Show only replies by Bloodsurfer

Online Max_Cherry

• Die Großen Alten
          • Show only replies by Max_Cherry
        Ich weiß noch nicht, was ich davon halten soll.
        Sicherlich würde eine neue Serie ganz anders aussehen und einen ganz anderen "Ton" haben, als TNG damals.
        Ich lass mich überraschen.

Offline skfreak

• Serienfreak
            • Show only replies by skfreak
          Zumal Stewart mit 78 auch nicht mehr ganz der Jüngste ist. Bin mal sehr gespannt wie er im Vergleich zum Rest der Crew wirken wird - wobei TNG eigentlich einen sehr schönen Abschluss hatte.

Offline Ash

• der Werbe-Bot
            • Tod durch SnuSnu
              • Show only replies by Ash
            Er soll ja einen 90jährigen Picard spielen, passt also. Ich finde es MEEEEEGAAAA!!!!!

Offline Bloodsurfer

• diagonally parked in a parallel universe...
            • Administrator
              • Pfälzer mit saarländischem Migrationshintergrund
                • Show only replies by Bloodsurfer
              Ach, das Alter geht schon noch. In Green Room wirkte er noch völlig fit und der ist erst zwei oder drei Jahre alt.

Offline Evil

• Die Großen Alten
                • Split Personality
                  • Show only replies by Evil
                 :picard:  ;)
                Menschlichkeit ist nur noch eine dunkle Erinnerung...

Offline Ash

• der Werbe-Bot
                  • Tod durch SnuSnu
                  CBS hat wieder erhöhte Lust auf Star Trek bekommen will das Sternenflotten-Universum weiter ausdehnen, d.h. zusätzlich zu einer Story um einen alternden Jean-Luc stehen weitere Projekte an wie eine fortlaufende Serie als auch eine abgeschlossene Mini-Serie sowie eine Spin-Off-Serie zu Discovery rund um Michelle Yeonh.  Der Inhalt ist aktuell noch unklar. Aber als Trekkie sag ich JA, melkt die Kuh und tretet Star Wars in den ARSCH!!!! :D

http://www.robots-and-dragons.de/news/117875-star-trek-cbs-will-star-trek-serien-fur-ganze-jahr

Offline Ash

• der Werbe-Bot
                    • Tod durch SnuSnu
                    Marina Sirtis twitterte vor wenigen Tagen dieses Foto. Toll, wenn man sieht, dass sich "die Crew" nach so langer Zeit noch zum Essen trifft. Natürlich schürt das auch gleich die Gerüchteküche, inwieweit die Jungs und Mädels als Crew oder als Gastauftritt in Picards neuer Serie auftauchen. Aber wer weiß schon, was das überhaupt für ne Serie wird. Vielleicht wirds auch ne Grandpa-Serie auf dem Lande, man weiß einfach nix darüber.

Offline skfreak

• Serienfreak
                        • Show only replies by skfreak
                      Die treffen sich ja wirklich noch regelmässig. Finde ich echt immer wieder schön was für ein enges Verhältnis Sie haben!

Online Max_Cherry

• Die Großen Alten

Online Max_Cherry

• Die Großen Alten

Offline blaubaum

• Ich denke in Storyboards
                          • Die Großen Alten
                              • Show only replies by blaubaum
                            Trekkies, gut festhalten. Jetzt gibts ein Nerdgasm:

Offline Ash

• der Werbe-Bot
                              • Tod durch SnuSnu
                              ALTER!!!!! :shock: Mir läuft es eiskalt den Rücken runter! Ich glaube, die Serie fickt Discovery derbe in alle Öffnungen!  (Und das sage ich, der Discovery ja gut findet!)

Offline Thomas Covenant

• Die Großen Alten
                                  • Show only replies by Thomas Covenant
                                Stimme dir zur und  das sage ich als jemand der Discovery mehhhh findet.  :lol:
                                Data,Seven of Nine - schon gewonnen!

Offline nemesis

• In der Vergangenheit lebender
                                • Die Großen Alten
                                  • Videosaurier
                                    • Show only replies by nemesis
                                  Großer Gott, lass das bitte gut werden! Lass es wieder den Trek-Spirit haben!

Der Trailer hat mir fast die Klüsen befeuchtet. Picard, neben Kirk DER Captain, Data, Seven of Nine, holy Shit. Und die Serie wird einen ganz entscheidenden Vorteil gegenüber Discovery haben: Figuren, zu denen man eine Bindung aufbauen kann (bzw die man bereits seit Jahrzehnten hat). Das MUSS einfach gut werden!

Eine Sache haben sie wohl bewusst ausgespart. Fan-Service hin oder her... Wo ein Picard ist, da MUSS es auch eine Enterprise geben!

Offline JasonXtreme

• Let me be your Valentineee! YEAH!
                                  • Global Moderator
                                    • Weiter im Text...
                                      • Show only replies by JasonXtreme

Jean Luc kehrt zurück - die Serie wird hier bei uns auf Prime zu sehen sein - ab 2020. https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Star-Trek-Picard-Starttermin-und-neuer-Trailer-4546570.html
                                    Einmal dachte ich ich hätte unrecht... aber ich hatte mich geirrt.

Meine DVDs

Offline Ash

• der Werbe-Bot
                                      • Tod durch SnuSnu

Offline Havoc

• Bürohengst sucht Paragraphenreiterin
                                      • Die Großen Alten
                                        • Let me show you its features, hehehe!
                                          • Show only replies by Havoc
                                        Da freue ich mich ebenfalls drauf.
                                        “When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong.  I’m liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life.  Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend.  Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world”