Power of Grayskull: The Definitive History of He-Man

Offline nemesis

• In der Vergangenheit lebender
  • Die Großen Alten
    • Videosaurier
      • Show only replies by nemesis
    Ui, das ging ganz an mir vorbei... Wohl seit gestern auf Netflix:

Zitat von: He-Man org
    Power of Grayskull: The Definitive History of He-Man and the MOTU documentary from Definitive Films will debut on Netflix this August 24th!
    Read more info below, including info about their Kickstarter backers,

An astute reader of fan culture on the Internet, particularly those of us in the MOTU community, might have noticed a few things happening over the past week or so. These events line up pretty nicely, especially if you're one of those who backed Definitive Film's forthcoming feature documentary The Power of Grayskull: The Definitive History of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

You probably remember that this film, from a mash-up of the filmmakers behind Turtle Power: The Definitive History of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Nintendo Quest: The Most Unofficial and Unauthorized Nintendo Documentary Ever!, has been in production for quite a while, although they did have an exciting screening of their most recent cut of the film at Power-Con last year...

Well, it finally looks like they're gearing up for a release!

Kickstarter backers have been receiving communications suggesting that tier reward packages will be processing very soon and, even more interesting, sites tracking Netflix's release schedules recently let a cat or two out of the bag.

Below is a paragraph from shortlist.com:

"The Power of Grayskull: The Definitive History of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

Cast: He-Man, Dolph Lundgren
    This Kickstarter-funded documentary featuring the one and only Dolph Lundgren is an in-depth look at one of the 1980s' best-loved relics, a toy line turned cartoon turned movie turned everything. The team behind this made the excellent Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle documentary Turtle Power (also on Netflix) and really know their onions.

Coming to Netflix on August 24th.

I reached out to the filmmakers for their comment and received the email version of shrugs because they aren't able to comment on any release plans at this time.

I did confirm however that they have plans in place to ensure that backers will have a chance to watch the documentary before any mass distribution, regardless of what how quickly the packages can be mailed out.

Over the last few years, I've gotten to know these guys fairly well and I'm sure that, whatever they've planned, they're taking the needs of the fan community and their Kickstarter backers very seriously and no matter what happens, we'll see the results of their hard work soon!"

Trailer:

Offline Masterboy

• aka Gregor
    • Administrator
        • Show only replies by Masterboy

Offline Flightcrank

• Die Großen Alten
        • Just a guy stuck in the 80s...
          • Show only replies by Flightcrank
        Direkt nach der Folge „Masters“ von The Toys that made us gesehen. G E N I A L :!:

Da kamen wieder Erinnerungen hoch. Ich hatte ja wirklich fast alles von Masters und heute nichts mehr davon. Irgendwann war alles verkauft, vertauscht oder ist im Müll gelandet. :(

Nach der Toys Episode und diese Dokumentation werde ich mir jetzt auf jeden Fall die original 80er He-Man und Skeletor für die Vitrine in meiner Man Cave kaufen. :)

Online Ash

• der Werbe-Bot
        • Die Großen Alten
          • Tod durch SnuSnu
            • Show only replies by Ash
          Nach der Toys Episode und diese Dokumentation werde ich mir jetzt auf jeden Fall die original 80er He-Man und Skeletor für die Vitrine in meiner Man Cave kaufen. :)

Hab ich. :D

Offline Flightcrank

• Die Großen Alten
            Was hast du bezahlt, wenn ich fragen darf? Ich lege Wert auf gut erhaltene und vollständige Figuren. Hab bisher nur mal kurz bei eBay geschaut und bin noch nicht sicher was ich am Ende jeweils pro Figur lassen muss...

Offline nemesis

• In der Vergangenheit lebender
            • Die Großen Alten
              • Videosaurier
                • Show only replies by nemesis
              Zumindest lohnt sich die gründliche Suche im Netz, da die geforderten Preise einiger in der Bucht mit Realismus nicht mehr viel zu tun haben.

Ich hatte mir vor Jahren einige lose und komplette Figuren bei motushop.de besorgt. Waren im Top-Zustand, sogar mit Minicomic, und preislich auch fair. Aber mittlerweile haben die leider nur noch sehr wenig auf Platte...

Offline Flightcrank

• Die Großen Alten
                Ja, ich bin wirklich spät dran. :| Das hätte mir mal vor zehn Jahren einfallen sollen. Oder am besten gleich in der Kindheit. :lol: Ich hatte Figuren und Fahrzeuge, das war nicht mehr feierlich...

Edit:
                Hat noch jemand einen Tipp für mich, außer eBay?
                « Letzte Änderung: 18. November 2018, 18:15:16 von Flightcrank »

Offline Havoc

• Bürohengst sucht Paragraphenreiterin
                • Die Großen Alten
                  • Let me show you its features, hehehe!
                    • Show only replies by Havoc
                  Flohmärkte.

Am Heidelberger Herbst gab es einen Stand der noch ei. Paar Figuren und Snake Mountain hatte.
                  Auch die Drei??? Kassetten 1 - 36.

Meine Frau hat mich aber weiter gezogen und meinte ich brauche nicht noch mehr Stabfänger.
                  “When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong.  I’m liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life.  Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend.  Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world”

Online Ash

• der Werbe-Bot
                  • Die Großen Alten
                    • Tod durch SnuSnu
                      • Show only replies by Ash
                    Kleinanzeige.

"Vollständig" weiss ich gar nicht, glaube das Schild fehlt. Mir war erstmal wichtig dass He-Man zumindest das Schwert hat. Es kommt eh nur in ein kleines Diorama, Perfektion braucht ich in dem Fall nicht, zumal ich damit nur am Rande gross geworden bin, hatte nur ein zwei Heft Beilagen von den Figuren. An die Figuren selbst war zu DDR Zeiten nicht zu denken.