Star Wars Trilogie Ende 2004 endlich auf DVD?

Offline Bloodsurfer

• diagonally parked in a parallel universe...
  • Administrator
    • Pfälzer mit saarländischem Migrationshintergrund
      • Show only replies by Bloodsurfer
    You know, it seems like we go through this about once a year. But, at the risk of inducing lots of eye rolling out there, here we go again. We've heard from a number of industry sources we trust (and who have proven their reliability in the past) in the last few weeks. They're reporting that Lucasfilm is seriously considering releasing the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD late next year. In fact, our information indicates that some work is already under way toward a 4th Qtr, 2004 release. Word is that Lucasfilm is pleased with the format of The Adventures of Indiana Jones: The Complete DVD Movie Collection they're releasing on 10/21 in conjunction with Paramount - so pleased, in fact, that they're planning to use the same format to release the classic Star Wars films. This would presumably mean a 4-disc set, with a disc for each film and a fourth disc of special edition materials for all three films. It would certainly make sense. First, it would be a great way to get a buzz going into early 2005, when the final film, Episode III, is set to arrive in theaters. Also, Lucasfilm has said in the past that there aren't a lot of behind-the-scenes materials available for the original films, so having a single bonus disc of extras (as opposed to three) would make life easier for them.

Interestingly, as we were working to learn more about this from our sources, we received an e-mail from a Bits reader about a DVD column on the BBC's film site (slide down the page to near the bottom). It seems that Channel.com (sort of a U.K. version of Columbia House, run by Universal) listed the original Star Wars Trilogy as coming to DVD in 2004 in their latest brochure to members.

Of course, we've certainly heard similar reports many times in the past, so we encourage you to take this information with a large dose of salt. Only time will tell if this is... FINALLY... the real deal. At the recent DVD conference in L.A., I spoke with Lucasfilm's Jim Ward, who predictably wouldn't discuss the DVD release plan for the original Star Wars films, other than to say that they WOULD be released on DVD at some point. He did, however, say that Episode III was being well documented for DVD, and he once again noted that the original theatrical versions of these films no longer exist - the new SEs are George's ultimate vision for these films.

Frankly, we're really looking forward to these films being released on DVD... if only so we don't have to keep reporting on them here! In any case, THIS is the extent of what we know, so please don't bombard us with a lot of questions. You know as much as we do at this point. When we learn more, we'll post it here.

Stay tuned...

Quelle: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html

Offline nemesis

• In der Vergangenheit lebender
    • Die Großen Alten
      • Videosaurier
        • Show only replies by nemesis
      Nur noch die SE´s...hm, dann bleibt uns Fans wohl nur noch, die Classic-Tapes auf den Rechner zu ziehen und auf DVD zu bannen um sie zu konservieren...wenn wir dabei nicht gegen das neue Urheberf***gesetz verstossen... :cry:

wuhäääää

Offline Bloodsurfer

• Administrator
        Noch ne kleine Neuigkeit:

"One of the digital guys was showing off some stuff on his laptop at Fox last week and it was a really surreal experience because it was the fight between Vader and Alec Guinness but it was all new stuff, very similar to the fights in the new shows, all hyper and well choreographed. Think Yoda was pretty fly for an old Jedi? Wait til you see Guinness. I like to think we could achieve the same effect with an appliance mask but the second set was a set of close ups on digital Alec's face. It was amazing. He said it was some stuff Lucas was looking over for the re-re-release of Star Wars. After these current ones are finished. He also said that the Han meets Jabba scene had been totally redone and looked a lot better, which is cool, but the puppet in Jedi still looks awsome to my eyes."

Quelle: http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=16138

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
          • Videosaurier
          Na klasse, blüht uns nun auch bei den Classics der totale Hyper-Digitalerotik-Overkill? Grml. Also die Special Special Edition...

Also die SE´s auch noch auf den Rechner ziehen...

Ich krieg langsam `nen Hals...

Anonymous

• Gast
          Gerüchteweise soll Ende 2004 eine DVD-Box mit der ersten "Star Wars"-Trilogie auf den Markt kommen - angeblich um den Kinostart von "Episode 3" im Jahr 2005 zu "pushen".

Auch sei man bei Lucasfilm ganz begeistert von der in kürze erscheinenden "Indiana Jones"-Box, weshalb man die "Star Wars"-Film in ähnlicher Form in den Handel bringen wolle. Dies berichtete allerdings nur die DVD-Site "The Digital Bits" - von Lucasfilm hat noch niemand dieses Gerücht bestätigt, vermutlich wird das ganze in kürze eher dementiert.

Phantastik.de

Offline Ketzer

• Gefallener Engel
          • Global Moderator
            • Warum?
              • Show only replies by Ketzer
            also ich möchte gerne die Ursprungsversion, so wie sie damals im Kino zu sehen waren
            Can you tell my ghost
            That he doesn't belong here anymore
            Find another host
            'Cause this is my soul, my soul

Offline Bloodsurfer

• Administrator
              Mir ist es eigentlich recht egal, welche Versionen nun kommen, die alten, die SEs, die noch neueren SEs... Hauptsache es gibt mal endlich die Trilogie auf DVD!

(ich fand die SEs nämlich nicht übel)

Offline Havoc

• Bürohengst sucht Paragraphenreiterin
              • Die Großen Alten
                • Let me show you its features, hehehe!
                  • Show only replies by Havoc
                Mir wären die Originale auch am liebsten.
                Die SE fand ich zwar nicht schlecht, doch durch die Computereffekte ging einfach etwas vom ursprünglichen Charme verloren.

Gruß Havoc.
                “When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong.  I’m liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life.  Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend.  Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world”

Offline Masterboy

• aka Gregor
                • Administrator
                    • Show only replies by Masterboy
                  ich will auch die SE's auf DVD haben.

Wenn die Alten dann auch noch dabei wären wärs perfekt.
                  | Filmsammlung | Meine Vinyls | PSN/XBOX: MIYAGI1980 |

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
                    • Videosaurier
                    Das Schlimme ist ja: wenn das weiter oben stimmt, dann wird an den Special Editions nochmal digital rumgeschraubt...ja, presst das Herzblut aus der Saga...packt am Besten noch Jar Jar Binks in die Cantina, nach Hoth und auf Endor...*flenn*

Offline AndreMASTER

• FSK-Heinz
                        • Show only replies by AndreMASTER
                      Zitat von: "nemesis"
                      packt am Besten noch Jar Jar Binks in die Cantina, nach Hoth und auf Endor...*flenn*

Hehe, der war gut. Da sind sich alle Star Wars Fans einig: Jar Jar Binks SUXXX!!!

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
                        • Videosaurier

Offline AndreMASTER

• FSK-Heinz
                            • Show only replies by AndreMASTER
                          Zitat von: "nemesis"
                          Wow, wir sind uns einig...ich könnte dich glatt küssen  :angel:

:D  ;)

Argh, neee lass es lieber ;).

Offline Havoc

• Bürohengst sucht Paragraphenreiterin
                          • Die Großen Alten
                            • Let me show you its features, hehehe!
                              • Show only replies by Havoc
                            Hey!

Ich bin also nicht allein mit meiner Meinung, dass dieser Jar Jar Dingsbums absolut überflüssig ist, und ohne ihn Episode 1 ein ziemlich guter Film hätte werden können.

Gruß Havoc.
                            “When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong.  I’m liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life.  Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend.  Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world”

Offline Ketzer

• Gefallener Engel
                            • Global Moderator
                              • Warum?
                                • Show only replies by Ketzer
                              JAR Jar Dings, pings, links

ist so überflüssig wie ein Kropf.

Star Wars hat sich damit der "Muppet Show" genähert,

auch schon mit den Zusatzszenen, die ins Original gefügt wurden.

So wurde aus einer Weltraum-Saga eine Kindergarten-Saga.

Jetzt kommt ja fast schon "Kampfstern Galactica" kultiger
                              Can you tell my ghost
                              That he doesn't belong here anymore
                              Find another host
                              'Cause this is my soul, my soul

Offline Bloodsurfer

• Administrator
                                Kleines Update von Davisdvd.com:

Is the original Star Wars trilogy finally coming to DVD? Internet rumoring has been going on about this for the last five years. But with the list of "big" films not on DVD finally dwindling down, it looks like the classic films may finally make it into stores sooner than we all think. A faithful reader of this site has just sent in this latest fuel for the fire:

"It's been reported by Yakface.com and Cinescape that Lucasfilm may be announcing the release of the Star Wars DVDs on November 5th, 2003. Businesses that have worked with Lucasfilm in the past [recently] got a kick-ass invitation with a Vader figure mounted atop a black acrylic block. The invitation reads as follows: "LORD VADER IS PLANNING A MAJOR ASSAULT. HE SUMMONS YOU TO SHARE HIS TOP SECRET BATTLE PLANS. WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2003, THE OFFICERS' CLUB, AT THE PRESIDIO, SAN FRANCISCO, CA. LIGHTSABERS AND BLASTERS MUST BE CHECKED AT THE DOOR. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU." Time will tell if this is the real thing, but it is obvious that they are planning on doing a major announcement of some sort."

Is this the invite (click here to see it) to a presentation announcing the classic films for DVD release next year? Will they be released individually, or as a boxed set like Paramount's Indiana Jones Trilogy? Just how much will this Vader invite bring when it eventually hits eBay?? And in case you're wondering why The Presidio, Lucasfilm is building a 23-acre "digital arts center" at the former military base which will be the new home of Industrial Light & Magic, Lucas Arts Entertainment, THX Group, Lucas Online, and the Lucas Educational Foundation. Thanks go out to Earl for the news.

Offline Bloodsurfer

• Administrator