Wunderbare Jahre (The Wonder Years)

Offline JasonXtreme

• Let me be your Valentineee! YEAH!
  • Global Moderator
    • Weiter im Text...
      • Show only replies by JasonXtreme
    Hm, dann würd ich eh warten bis alle draussen sind. Mach ich z. B: bei MAGNUM auch. Das wären an die 10 Staffeln oder so und wenn ich dann drei oder vier hab und der rest net kommt ärger ich mich noch scheckig.
    Einmal dachte ich ich hätte unrecht... aber ich hatte mich geirrt.

Meine DVDs

Offline Flightcrank

• Die Großen Alten
      • Just a guy stuck in the 80s...
        • Show only replies by Flightcrank
      Zitat von: "JasonXtreme"
      Hm, dann würd ich eh warten bis alle draussen sind.

So würde ich es auch halten. Ok, bei Twin Peaks konnte ich nicht warten aber die zweite Staffel kommt sowieso nie raus...  :evil:

Da fällt mir grad ein, ich hab die erste TP-Staffel immer noch nicht gesehen...  :oops:  :roll:

Offline JasonXtreme

• Global Moderator
        • Weiter im Text...
        SCHAU SIE AN FLIGHT!!! :D

Meine DVDs

Offline Thomas Covenant

• Die Großen Alten
            • Show only replies by Thomas Covenant
          Auf AMAZON UK wird the Wonder Years-The complete Series für den 13 März vorangekündigt. Für 31 Pfund was so 46 euro entspricht.
          Weiter Infos gibt es leider noch nicht. Aber wenn es keine deutsche VÖ gibt heisst es jetzt zu schlagen.

Offline nemesis

• In der Vergangenheit lebender
          • Die Großen Alten
            • Videosaurier
              • Show only replies by nemesis
            Wie auf Seite 1 gesagt: Geprüft wurde da bei der FSK bereits etwas. Nur klar, wann es rauskommt ist 'ne andere Frage...

Lionel

• Gast
            Hm, was Wunderbare Jahre angeht, wollte ich auf den deutschen Ton nicht verzichten, normal isses mir wurscht, aber bei solchen Nostalgie-Serien gehts nicht ohne, daher wär die US-VÖ nutzlos für mich. :(

Offline Thomas Covenant

• Die Großen Alten
              By Scott Lieber
              Denver Post Staff Writer

Fred Savage, right, and Josh Saviano on The Wonder Years. (Denver Post file)

It's fair to say that no defunct television show commands the kind of craving for DVDs like "The Wonder Years."

Among shows that have yet to release full seasons, "The Wonder Years" - a nostalgic coming-of-age series set in suburbia circa 1970 - is one of the most sought-after. The website TVshowsonDVD.com lists the 10 most requested DVDs still unreleased by studios, and "The Wonder Years" sits at No. 2, right behind "Beverly Hills 90210."

Amazon.com offers the only two "Wonder Years" DVDs, and the cheapest one - "The Christmas Wonder Years: The Holiday Episodes" - costs $74.99. For the more affluent, a used 70-minute DVD of "The Best of The Wonder Years" starts at $97.84 and runs up to $186.99 for a new one.

But full seasons of the show remain locked up, as costly music licensing has postponed their release.

"We're not that far along," said Jyoti Sarda from 20th Century Fox Marketing, of releasing full seasons of the show. "We know it's something we'd like to put out. We know that people want it out. Consumers are waiting. Fans are waiting. We talk about needing to tackle it, but we haven't gotten to a place where it's being actively worked on."

"It's not imminent," said Steve Feldstein, senior vice president of Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, "in that it's not going to be out in the next couple of months."

"The Wonder Years" aired on ABC from 1988-93. Set in the late 1960s and early 70s, it followed the adventures of Kevin Arnold (Fred Savage) as he negotiated adolescence.

Actor Daniel Stern provided the voice- over narration of the adult Kevin, and it was this filtering of junior-high angst through an adult's memories that resonated with viewers. People can identify with Kevin's experiences growing up, right down to schoolkid crushes, bullying siblings, parental expectations and the general trials of teendom.

The period music on "The Wonder Years" is critical to the show's emotional resonance, serving as an aural touchstone to viewers of a certain age. In one of the series' most memorable scenes, Kevin climbs a tree to peer into on-and-off girlfriend Winnie's window after she's hurt in an accident. The background music: "We've Got Tonight," by Bob Seger

Advertisement

and the Silver Bullet Band.

Sarda hopes to begin releasing the DVDs within two years. No matter when they come out, the original music most likely won't be on them.

"I think that's the only way really we're going to see it," says Gord Lacey, creator of the Web site TVshowsonDVD.com. "I don't have a list of the songs used in the show, but something tells me they're not going to be able to release a completely intact series."

The music-licensing hurdle is substantial. "The Wonder Years" borrowed more than 300 pieces of music for its 115 episodes. Even more daunting is the fact that the music is from what has emerged as a resurgent, nostalgic era.

"I'd love to put it out on DVD, so other people can enjoy it," Sarda said. "So we just have to work through these issues. It's not that simple, because music is an integral part of that show. So it's not like you can just go in and replace it all."

Rights to broadcast on TV differ from rights to distribute for home entertainment. Most shows now negotiate home-entertainment rights prior to production. Shows produced in the pre-digital days - like "The Wonder Years" - never negotiated those rights.

The only two DVDs of "The Wonder Years" out now - "The Holiday Episodes" and "The Best of The Wonder Years" - both used replacement music.

"You go in and see which songs are expensive that are not as essential," Sarda says. "And that process of going through each episode and doing that analysis is a more complicated process than putting out a TV show that doesn't have these issues."

Staff writer Scott Lieber can be reached at 303-820-1694 or at slieber@denverpost.com
              " alt="" class="bbc_img" />

Kann also noch etwas dauern! :cry:

Anonymous

• Gast
              Eine der besten Serien, die es je gab. Und die deutsche Stimme von Kevin ist mir lieber als die Original. Besonders die Erzählerstimme (Magnum).

Offline JasonXtreme

• Global Moderator
                • Weiter im Text...
                Sodele, wasn hier los!? Immer noch keine VÖ, das is echt oberschade! Würd ich gern wiedermal sehen, ohne auf meine alten TV Aufzeichnungen zurückgreifen zu müssen! Qualitativ sind die scheiße, und die Serie rockt ja wohl mal richtig!

Meine DVDs

Offline Seth Gecko

• Die Großen Alten
                    • Show only replies by Seth Gecko
                  Ein großer Wunsch würde sich erfüllen. Auf die dt. Synchro kann ich in diesem Fall aber nicht verzeichten.

Offline JasonXtreme

• Global Moderator
                    • Weiter im Text...
                    Da is deutsch wirklich Pflicht. Allerdings hab ich in den USA damals eine ganze Nacht WONDER YEARS Marathon im TV geschaut, und es kam auch im O-Ton erstaunlich gut!

Meine DVDs

Offline Nation-on-Fire

• Das Beste am Norden !
                    • Die Großen Alten
                      • Not everyone likes Metal - FUCK THEM !!!!
                        • Show only replies by Nation-on-Fire
                      Ein großer Wunsch würde sich erfüllen. Auf die dt. Synchro kann ich in diesem Fall aber nicht verzeichten.

Sehe ich ähnlich.

Offline Thomas Covenant

• Die Großen Alten
                        http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wonder-Years-The-Complete-Series/19606

Sie kommt wirklich !
                        wie gesagt wenn die Rechte mit der Musik geklärt sind, dann dürfte auch eine deutsche Box ne Möglichkeit sein.

Offline JasonXtreme

• Global Moderator
                          • Weiter im Text...
                          Ich glaubs erst wenn ichs sehe, aber ne deutsche Box kauf ich für jeden Preis!

Meine DVDs

Offline Nation-on-Fire

• Das Beste am Norden !
                          • Die Großen Alten
                            • Not everyone likes Metal - FUCK THEM !!!!
                              • Show only replies by Nation-on-Fire

Offline Masterboy

• aka Gregor
                            • Administrator
                                • Show only replies by Masterboy

Offline Havoc

• Bürohengst sucht Paragraphenreiterin
                              • Die Großen Alten
                                • Let me show you its features, hehehe!
                                  • Show only replies by Havoc
                                Oh, die ist wirklich schön. :)

.....die DVD Box natürlich auch. :D
                                “When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong.  I’m liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life.  Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend.  Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world”

Offline Sing-Lung

• Hat Elefanten im Garten
                                • Die Großen Alten
                                  • Festen som aldrig tar slut...
                                    • Show only replies by Sing-Lung
                                  Die Box sieht super aus, muss hier auch so kommen!! Da brauche ich zwingend deutschen Ton!

Offline JasonXtreme

• Global Moderator
                                    • Weiter im Text...

Offline Seth Gecko

• Die Großen Alten
                                      Schon ein Wahnsinn...und ganz verstanden habe ich es immer noch nicht: Warum müssen Lieder für ein Medium lizensiert werden, das es zur Zeit der Produktion noch nicht gegeben hat?

Ich warte und hoffe weiter darauf, dass die Serie noch zu meinen Lebzeiten in Deutschland erscheint.

Offline JasonXtreme

• Global Moderator
                                        • Weiter im Text...
                                        Ja gut, dabei geht es aber doch nicht um das Medium, auf was die Serie kommt!? Es geht doch darum, dass man die Rechte selbst dann bräuchte, wenn man es jetz auf VHS machen wollte.

Meine DVDs

Offline Seth Gecko

• Die Großen Alten
                                          Ja gut, dabei geht es aber doch nicht um das Medium, auf was die Serie kommt!? Es geht doch darum, dass man die Rechte selbst dann bräuchte, wenn man es jetz auf VHS machen wollte.

Ok. Dann verwundert es einen, dass Ende der 80er Jahre nicht daran gedacht wurde. Wahrscheinlich wollte man einfach Geld sparen.