Durchgedreht, Blutdurstig u. v. m. - Der McCAMMON-THREAD

Gast · 6 · 41947

Offline Lionel

• Angemeldet: 29.06.02
    • I'm the King of Moonduk High!
      • Show all replies

Amazon.com Review
    Robert McCammon asks, "What happened to those children of the sixties who learned the language of hatred, who swore oaths upon their bloodstained manifestos and vowed to never surrender?" Most went on to other lifestyles. But Mary Terrell, a.k.a. "Mary Terror," did not change. Her insanity deepened into schizophrenia, and in the late '80s she still calls herself "freedom fighter for those without rights in the Mindfuck State." Hallucinating, heavily armed, and possessed by the delusion that an infant son will restore the good ol' days with her ex-lover, Mary steals a baby. But the child's mother is a strong, resourceful woman, and she recruits an ex-radical to help her. What ensues is a hair-raising chase across the American Midwest in wintertime, toward a final confrontation in which both "mothers" proclaim, "He's mine." Not only is Mine an intense horror novel (winner of a Bram Stoker Award), but refreshingly, all three main characters are women.

From Publishers Weekly
    A psychotic leaves a trail of murder victims in her wake after she kidnaps a newborn child and goes off to join a revolutionary group to which she belonged during the '60s. Although McCammon portrays his left-wing characters as motivated by adolescent rebellion rather than by radical politics, "he delivers an expertly constructed novel of suspense and horror," said PW.

Heute angefangen. Die ersten 30, 40 Seiten lassen schon einiges erhoffen. Kennt das wer? Gunther? Ist von 1990.

Bin auch auf Night Boat gestoßen, eine Horde von Nazi-Zombies auf deinem Schiff, die den Lebenden die Hölle heißt macht. Klingt super trashig. Markus, hattest das gelesen, meintest, gell?

Oldboy - Save the Green Planet - My Sassy Girl - Once Upon a Time in High School - I Saw the Devil - The Man from Nowhere - Attack the Gas Station - Silmido - Taegukgi - Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance - Shiri - Joint Security Area - R-Point - Bittersweet Life - Windstruck - Arahan - Crying Fist - City of Violence - Beat - Rush - Memories of Murder - The Host - Friend - The Foul King - A Tale of Two Sisters - The Good, the Bad, the Weird - Peppermint Candy - Thirst - Mother - The Quiet Family - Kick the Moon - 2009: Lost Memories - Geochilmaru - City of the Rising Sun - Barking Dogs Never Bite - Straßen der Gewalt - I'm a Cyborg, but that's ok - Bichunmoo - Musa - Bin Jip - Il Mare - Say Yes - Kilimanjaro - Fighter in the Wind - My Wife is a Gangster - Nowhere to Hide - Public Enemy - Into the Mirror - Tell Me Something - Hansel & Gretel - The Chaser - The Classic - The Way Home

Meine Filmsammlung

Offline Lionel

• Show all replies
      Durchgedreht kann ich echt empfehlen. Das andere kenn ich nicht.

Oldboy - Save the Green Planet - My Sassy Girl - Once Upon a Time in High School - I Saw the Devil - The Man from Nowhere - Attack the Gas Station - Silmido - Taegukgi - Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance - Shiri - Joint Security Area - R-Point - Bittersweet Life - Windstruck - Arahan - Crying Fist - City of Violence - Beat - Rush - Memories of Murder - The Host - Friend - The Foul King - A Tale of Two Sisters - The Good, the Bad, the Weird - Peppermint Candy - Thirst - Mother - The Quiet Family - Kick the Moon - 2009: Lost Memories - Geochilmaru - City of the Rising Sun - Barking Dogs Never Bite - Straßen der Gewalt - I'm a Cyborg, but that's ok - Bichunmoo - Musa - Bin Jip - Il Mare - Say Yes - Kilimanjaro - Fighter in the Wind - My Wife is a Gangster - Nowhere to Hide - Public Enemy - Into the Mirror - Tell Me Something - Hansel & Gretel - The Chaser - The Classic - The Way Home

Meine Filmsammlung

Offline Lionel

• Show all replies
        Aber Gert da du Originale liest dann ran an die Matthew Corbett Reihe von ihm
        Speaks the Nightbird und The Queen of Bedlam sind tolle Romane.

Stehen auf der "Hinterkopfliste", mein Bestester ;)

Meine Filmsammlung

Offline Lionel

• Show all replies

Fertig mit. Waren auch immerhin fast 600 Seiten, dickes Ding. Hat mir SEHR gut gefallen, sehr spannend, hart und brutal, dabei saugut geschrieben wie man es von McCammon gewohnt ist. Kann ich empfehlen.

Meine Filmsammlung

Offline Lionel

• Show all replies
            Schwer zu sagen, kaum zu vergleichen. Beide top. :)

Meine Filmsammlung