Beverly Hills Cop 4

Offline nemesis

• In der Vergangenheit lebender
  • Die Großen Alten
    • Videosaurier
      • Show all replies
    Teil 1 war ja 80er pur, und Teil 2 ein cooles Brett. Der dritte ging irgendwie gar nicht an mich, war mir zu sehr alberne Nummernrevue. Ich bin in diesem Fall mehr als skeptisch.

Offline nemesis

• In der Vergangenheit lebender
    • Die Großen Alten
      • Videosaurier
        • Show all replies
      Zitat von: blogsindiewire.com
      "We’re not close, but I’m hoping in the next few years there will be one," Brett Ratner recently told Collider about the forever in development "Beverly Hills Cop 4." "Eddie and I are even setting up some more of his ideas. I’m hoping that we have a long, fruitful relationship. We’re both still very young, believe it or not. Eddie’s only 50 years old, so I think we have a little bit of time to come up with a great 'Beverly Hills Cop.'" But it looks like the sand in the hour glass has run out as Eddie Murphy is hanging up the idea of starring in a fourth movie and is looking for a younger Axel Foley to take the adventures to the small screen.
      Continuing his press run for "Tower Heist," Murphy is on the cover of Rolling Stone and revealed to the magazine that the movie that was a "huge priority" a couple of years ago is now dead. "They're not doing it," he told the magazine. "What I'm trying to do now is produce a TV show starring Axel Foley's son, and Axel is the chief of police now in Detroit. I'd do the pilot, show up here and there. None of the movie scripts were right; it was trying to force the premise. If you have to force something, you shouldn't be doing it. It was always a rehash of the old thing. It was always wrong."

While we're not exactly sold on a "Beverly Hills Cop" TV show, we gotta admire Murphy -- who is no stranger to cashing paychecks -- for avoiding what would have been a remarkably easy payday to reprise his role in a movie that wasn't up to snuff. It was the fall of 2009 that we last heard any real movement on the movie, with Paramount hiring some new writers to tackle the material. Ratner had been envisioning a hard-R sequel at one point but now those dreams will never be realized. Oh well.

Oder Kurz: Anstatt mit Gewalt einen vierten Film zu machen, spielt Murphy mit dem Gedanken an eine TV-Serie mit Axel Foleys Sohn...

Hm...

Gut, die Filmreihe hat für mich eh nur 2 Teile, der Rest kann mir gestohlen bleiben.

Mit eine Fitzelchen von die Zitron.