Ong Bak 2 - Tony Jaa is back

Offline Thomas Covenant

• Die Großen Alten
      • Show all replies
    Leutz der Trailer ist ja wohl ein Brett und gory noch dazu.
    Look in awe  :shock:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37120

Offline Thomas Covenant

• Die Großen Alten
        • Show all replies
      In irgendeiner Form scheint Jaa ein Problem zu haben. Scheint vom Erdboden verschwunden und die Spekulationen schiessen ins Kraut....

f you’ve been wondering what’s taking Tony Jaa so long to finish up work on his upcoming martial arts film Ong Bak 2, well ... you’re not the only one.  And a series of stories have appeared in the Thai press recently that paint a very strange picture.  Apparently Jaa walked off the set two months ago, stressed over the work load of his directorial debut.  That much people agree on.  But this is where the story gets strange.

Some reports say that Jaa has retreated to some remote caves in northern Thailand to meditate and / or practice black magic and claim that his mentor Panna Rittikrai was sent to find Jaa and bring him back some time ago with no success.  These reports also seem to be of the opinion that Jaa has gone about three times over budget and that the production funds have dried up.  Other reports say that Jaa hasn’t actually disappeared - that he’s actually been seen with his family and that colleagues have been in touch with zero signs of black magic.  Another report from Thailand’s biggest daily paper says that they had a reporter meet with Jaa at a ‘safe house’ - and why on earth does he need to use a safe house? - where he denied running over budget, claiming instead that Sahamongkol Films only ever provided him with half of the budgeted production funds, leaving him to make up the shortfall out of his own pocket and claiming that he is now personally bankrupt as a result - unable to pay his mortgage and with his electricity disconnected.

No matter what’s true - and this is such a mess I doubt a clear picture is going to emerge any time soon - it’s obvious that Jaa is a mess.  Sahamongkol, for their part, aren’t saying much about the situation but have called in original Ong Bak director Prachya Pinkaew finish shooting the remaining 20% of the film.  Now if only they can get Jaa to come in and do his parts ...

All I know is the promo reel for this thing - available in the Twitch Player below the break - is spectacular and I want it now.

Offline Thomas Covenant

• Die Großen Alten
          • Show all replies
        Jaa ist wieder aufgetaucht-aber alles seltsam, müsst ihr mal lesen. Da hat wohl jemand einem zu gierigen Tony die schwarzen Männer geschickt.  :biggrin:

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/the-tony-jaa-ong-bak-2-saga-comes-to-a-very-strange-conclusion/

Offline Thomas Covenant

• Die Großen Alten
            • Show all replies
          Der neue Trailer....  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
          In Thailand ruled er grad alles an den Kassen ab

Sieht unglaublich aus und splattern tuts wohl auch...

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/tony-jaa-busts-heads-and-box-office-ong-bak-2-crushes-the-thai-box-office#extended

Offline Thomas Covenant

• Die Großen Alten
              • Show all replies
            Hier mal eine Review...
            Klingt nicht dolle  :neutral:
            Wobei die anderen Filme auch kein Oscar Material waren  :!:

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/ong-bak-2-review#extended

Offline Thomas Covenant

• Die Großen Alten
                • Show all replies
              Harry Knowles von Aint it cool News hat ihn vorab gesehen....und hat wohl multiple Orgasmen gehabt.
              Hier seine Kritik die sehr wortgewandt ist und voll überschäumendem Enthusiasmus  :biggrin:

Then... it came time... at last... for ONG BAK 2.

I've been scanning online to see if the NEIC or SASO or IRIS Seismic centers actually picked up the earth-shattering levels of holy wow that this film caused in the audience tonight - but apparently the world was asleep at their stations. BECAUSE - ONG BAK 2 defied all expectations and became something truly awe-inspiring.

ONG BAK 2 isn't at all like ONG BAK. Imagine if you will... if EXCALIBUR era John Boorman was genetically mixed with Bruce Lee and a shitload of awesome Thai badasses that nobody has ever heard of - and they created the greatest fucking CONAN movie that you've ever seen!

It isn't CONAN. If anything, it's a Buddhist CONAN.

The film is stunningly beautiful. Filled with soul. Epic in scale. Unbelievably brilliant in action, design and scope. Throughout the film - I was told I was twitching and vibrating like one's cock before coating the interior fleshy drapes of the most awesome vagina ever! I LOST TOTAL CONTROL DURING THIS MOVIE. Good thing I'm in a wheelchair and not in a seat next to someone - because my arms became an extension of some strange portion of my brain that I'm rarely in contact with.

This movie made me happy like a 4 year old!

This is unlike anything you've seen before. This isn't anything like a Kurosawa Japanese epic Samurai film. This isn't anything like CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON or the Zhang Yimou films. This is something wholly new. And absolutely that fucking awesome or more!

Do you remember EASTER MORNING as a kid? The absolute crazed overload of sugar by way of Chocolate bunnies, eggs, PEETS and all manners of confectionary evil? This is just like that, but with fists, feet, elbows, triple-irons, dozens of types of swords, crocadiles, elephants, possessed scary fucking witchy women, Thai ninja fucks, bandit kings, tons of other weapons and body parts all slashing, tearing and ripping pieces and blood out of people. BUT beyond all of that is a story told with flashbacks which at first seem ever so slightly awkward, if only because it seems it's gonna be lame like a hug and a kiss - until suddenly it's just bitchen and cool!

The story about a noble birthed boy, lost in the ravages of a nightmarish confused rainy night, sold into deathsport, recruited by the ultimate league of bad mutherfuckers, trained to kill via every possible weapon known and then.... Damn. No way. This movie needs to hit you with the full weight of HOLY FUCK like it hit me tonight!

Tony Jaa. You've no idea. You'll come away from this film... not only astonished at his charisma and his physical prowess... but the idea that he wrote and directed this film. It's just. I mean. I can't believe what I saw. Which is why I'll be at the next showing at SXSW too. Once this film gets closer to release - I'll go into the conclusion of the film which is so incredibly Buddhist... that it will leave many in the audience wondering WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED? And I'm here to tell you... This is probably the most awesome film (and upcoming ONG BAK 3) to illustrate the greater awesome highs of Karma that I've ever seen.

That a film can be this asskicking, this smart, this cultural, this beautiful and this much fucking fun - is just. This is so far and above better than anything we might have expected from Tony Jaa that I'm just treading life till I see it again. I'm serious. This is just so exciting and new and thrilling and ecstatic and revelatory and yet... it leaves you thinking and discussing the basic and advance layers of Buddhism in a way that I've never really seen before.

Awesome doesn't cover it. I need some sort of Thai exclamation, but I don't know any. I'll just go with this!

อัศเจรีย์
              อัศเจรีย์
              อัศเจรีย์
              อัศเจรีย์
              อัศเจรีย์
              อัศเจรีย์
              อัศเจรีย์
              อัศเจรีย์
              อัศเจรีย์
              อัศเจรีย์

Can't wait to dive into Tomorrow. Though I think I'll have to rein in my expectations. I really can't imagine anything topping this for a while in my brain!