Manson in His Own Words: Shocking Confessions of 'The Most Dangerous Man Alive'

Offline Lionel

• Angemeldet: 29.06.02
    • I'm the King of Moonduk High!
      • Show only replies by Lionel

http://www.amazon.com/Manson-His-Own-Words-Confessions/dp/0802130240/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258142767&sr=8-1

In His Own Words, March 17, 2004
    By    JMack (Chicago) - See all my reviews
    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)     
    As a fan of true crime, Charles Manson has long been one of my favorite subjects. "Helter Skelter" is perhaps the best true crime book ever written. Having read the prosecuting attorney's view of the events, I felt it would be interesting to read Manson's version. Keeping in mind that Manson is neither honest nor completely sane, I was able to gain a lot of insight into who Charles Manson really is.

The book contains admissions and other information that were not in "Helter Skelter". This being considered, there are some serious flaws in the book. Manson's lies are fairly obvious at times when he is contradicting the proven evidence that convicted him. One person can lie. But when several stories match up against that person, the lie falls apart.

Perhaps the most eye-opening information in this book is in regard to Manson's childhood. Manson details a brutal childhood in which he was neglected, abandon, and even traded for a pitcher of beer. Manson even details the times he was raped in the youth detention center. One has to be curious if these events really did create the leader of a muderous cult.

While there is little doubt that Manson is a danger to society and guilty of heinous crimes, a disturbing public fascination persists more than 30 years later. The author, Nuel Emmons, makes the best observations in the conclusions. While we may never know the truth or the real Charles Manson, we can certainly gain some valuable insight by reading his own words.
    (amazon.com)

Klingt echt interessant das mal aus Mansons Sicht zu hören. Was in dem kranken Hirn so vor sich ging. Ich hab vor x Jahren mal Helter Skelter gelesen, das war auch gar nicht so übel.

Oldboy - Save the Green Planet - My Sassy Girl - Once Upon a Time in High School - I Saw the Devil - The Man from Nowhere - Attack the Gas Station - Silmido - Taegukgi - Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance - Shiri - Joint Security Area - R-Point - Bittersweet Life - Windstruck - Arahan - Crying Fist - City of Violence - Beat - Rush - Memories of Murder - The Host - Friend - The Foul King - A Tale of Two Sisters - The Good, the Bad, the Weird - Peppermint Candy - Thirst - Mother - The Quiet Family - Kick the Moon - 2009: Lost Memories - Geochilmaru - City of the Rising Sun - Barking Dogs Never Bite - Straßen der Gewalt - I'm a Cyborg, but that's ok - Bichunmoo - Musa - Bin Jip - Il Mare - Say Yes - Kilimanjaro - Fighter in the Wind - My Wife is a Gangster - Nowhere to Hide - Public Enemy - Into the Mirror - Tell Me Something - Hansel & Gretel - The Chaser - The Classic - The Way Home

Meine Filmsammlung

Offline JasonXtreme

• Let me be your Valentineee! YEAH!
    • Global Moderator
      • Weiter im Text...
        • Show only replies by JasonXtreme
      Also ich bin ja immer der Erste der HIER schreit, wenns um Bücher über solche realen Fälle geht - aber da ich Mansons Gerichtsaussage gelesen habe, die er 2,5 Stunden von sich gelassen hat... ich denke ich spare es mir, bis ich weiß ob das taugt. Der is dermaßen kaputt im Kopf, dass man die Hälfte davon nicht gerafft hat, was er eigentlich sagen möchte. Und dann noch auf englisch... :-/ hoch interessant auf jeden Fall! Aber ich bin SEHR skeptisch!
      Einmal dachte ich ich hätte unrecht... aber ich hatte mich geirrt.

Meine DVDs

Offline Lionel

• Angemeldet: 29.06.02
        • I'm the King of Moonduk High!
          • Show only replies by Lionel
        Ich geb mir das schon irgendwann mal...nur mal gucken, wann. Der Autor bzw. die Leser schreiben ja auch, dass Manson einiges zusammen lügt, aber dass man das dann auch gleich merkt. Und vieles ist wohl wahr bzw. gibt Aufschluss über den Menschen Manson, seine Kindheit usw.

Oldboy - Save the Green Planet - My Sassy Girl - Once Upon a Time in High School - I Saw the Devil - The Man from Nowhere - Attack the Gas Station - Silmido - Taegukgi - Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance - Shiri - Joint Security Area - R-Point - Bittersweet Life - Windstruck - Arahan - Crying Fist - City of Violence - Beat - Rush - Memories of Murder - The Host - Friend - The Foul King - A Tale of Two Sisters - The Good, the Bad, the Weird - Peppermint Candy - Thirst - Mother - The Quiet Family - Kick the Moon - 2009: Lost Memories - Geochilmaru - City of the Rising Sun - Barking Dogs Never Bite - Straßen der Gewalt - I'm a Cyborg, but that's ok - Bichunmoo - Musa - Bin Jip - Il Mare - Say Yes - Kilimanjaro - Fighter in the Wind - My Wife is a Gangster - Nowhere to Hide - Public Enemy - Into the Mirror - Tell Me Something - Hansel & Gretel - The Chaser - The Classic - The Way Home

Meine Filmsammlung

Offline JasonXtreme

• Let me be your Valentineee! YEAH!
        • Global Moderator
          • Weiter im Text...
            • Show only replies by JasonXtreme
          Schade, ich finde die Seite nicht mehr wo die Aussage abgedruckt war - sonst hättest Dir mal ein Bild machen können.
          Einmal dachte ich ich hätte unrecht... aber ich hatte mich geirrt.

Meine DVDs