The Grindhouse Experience - 20 Film Set

Offline Lionel

• Angemeldet: 29.06.02
    • I'm the King of Moonduk High!
      • Show only replies by Lionel

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grindhouse-Experience-Film-Region-NTSC/dp/B000P6R9I0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1260910413&sr=1-5

21 of 21 people found the following review helpful:
    4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad...But, 11 Feb 2008
    By    Mr Happy "Movie Buff ,Music Fanatic,Book worm... (HERE!) - See all my reviews
    I didn't rate this 5 stars because the packaging & disc printing weren't very helpful. But it earns the other 4 stars for a diverse lineup of late 60's through early 80's grindhouse fare.

The discs themselves are great-- nothing fancy, the films will play back-to-back if you start with the first one, a double feature on each side of every disc. The menu comes right up without any cheesy manufacturer logo/intro, and is straightforward with 6 chapter stops per film. I've watched the kung fu, spaghetti western, & crime movies so far, and am looking forward to the other genres in the set.. Most are predictably video transfers in full screen, but there are also some film transfers in widescreen. The picture & sound quality add to the experience, if anything.

For those who wish they had numbered the films in a list for the disc cases, here's what's on the discs:

Disc 1: Women in Prison / Cannibal
    1. Women's Camp 119 (1977)
    2. Tortured Angels (1982)
    3. Raw Force (1982)
    4. Savage Man/Savage Beast (1974)

Disc 2: Cops / Disaster
    5. Confessions of a Police Captain (1971)
    6. Executioner 2 (1984)
    7. Poseidon Explosion (1973)
    8. Earthquake 7.9 (?)

Disc 3: Mafia / Kung Fu
    9. Violent Professionals (1973)
    10. Frank and Tony (?)
    11. Kung Fu Punch of Death (1973)
    12. Return of the Tiger (1979)

Disc 4: Spaghetti Western / Blacksploitation
    13. Go Kill and Come Back (1967)
    14. Bounty Man (1972)
    15. Three Tough Guys (1974)
    16. Mandinga (1976)

Disc 5: Horror / Sexploitation
    17. The Children (1980)
    18. Demon With Child (1975)
    19. High School Hitch Hikers (?)
    20. Carry On Emannuelle (1978)

I also did a review of boxset 2 along with what can be found on it.. as again there was no info. (amazon.co.uk)

Jemandem was von bekannt? Gibt auch ne zweite Box...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grindhouse-Experience-Vol-Region-NTSC/dp/B000VSDN2S/ref=pd_sim_d_h__1

Apocalypse Genre- Stryker' & 'Atlantis Interceptors'
    Spy Genre- '077:Mission Bloody Mary' & 'Her Majesty's Top Gun'
    Sword and Sandal Genre- 'Carthage in Flames' & 'Corialanis'
    War Genre- 'Dirty Two' & 'Sinai Commandos'
    Car Chase Genre- 'Renegade' & 'Highway Racer'
    Shark Genre- 'Deadly Jaws' & 'Shark Hunter'
    Crime Genre- 'Blazing Magnum' & 'Three Men to Kill'
    Blaxploitation- 'Mr. Deathman' & 'Slavers'
    Super Heroes Genre- 'Phenomenal' & '3 Supermen Against Godfather'
    Kung Fu- 'Three Avengers' & 'Master Killers'

Oldboy - Save the Green Planet - My Sassy Girl - Once Upon a Time in High School - I Saw the Devil - The Man from Nowhere - Attack the Gas Station - Silmido - Taegukgi - Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance - Shiri - Joint Security Area - R-Point - Bittersweet Life - Windstruck - Arahan - Crying Fist - City of Violence - Beat - Rush - Memories of Murder - The Host - Friend - The Foul King - A Tale of Two Sisters - The Good, the Bad, the Weird - Peppermint Candy - Thirst - Mother - The Quiet Family - Kick the Moon - 2009: Lost Memories - Geochilmaru - City of the Rising Sun - Barking Dogs Never Bite - Straßen der Gewalt - I'm a Cyborg, but that's ok - Bichunmoo - Musa - Bin Jip - Il Mare - Say Yes - Kilimanjaro - Fighter in the Wind - My Wife is a Gangster - Nowhere to Hide - Public Enemy - Into the Mirror - Tell Me Something - Hansel & Gretel - The Chaser - The Classic - The Way Home

Meine Filmsammlung

Offline JasonXtreme

• Let me be your Valentineee! YEAH!
    • Global Moderator
      • Weiter im Text...
        • Show only replies by JasonXtreme
      Sind bestimmt ein paar Schinken dabei :D EXECUTIONER kenn ich nur Teil 1 - wenn das der is :lol: denn das war n Endzeitfilm, den ich gern wiedermal sehen würde. So MAD MAX 2 Style, bei uns leider immer cut. KUNG FU PUNCH OF DEATH sagt mir was - aber sonst ... :D
      Einmal dachte ich ich hätte unrecht... aber ich hatte mich geirrt.

Meine DVDs

Offline Ed

• Die Großen Alten
        • "The Feminist"
          • Show only replies by Ed
        Oh ha, das klingt nicht mal so schlecht!!!

Kann allerdings nach ein paar Streifen zum "ungesehener Stapel"-Hüter werden.

Offline JasonXtreme

• Global Moderator
          • Weiter im Text...
          Das Ding dürft doch aber auch nich teuer sein, dann lohnt es sich schon wieder.

Meine DVDs

Offline nemesis

• In der Vergangenheit lebender
          • Die Großen Alten
            • Videosaurier
              • Show only replies by nemesis

Offline Scarface

• The User formerly known as Aquifel
                • Show only replies by Scarface
              Hmm, zumindest bei "KZ 09/Womens Camp 119" (einzige der mir auf Anhieb was sagte und bei dem ich mal schnell nachgeschaut habe) scheint es nicht sicher zu sein, dass der uncut ist. Könnte also auf mehrere Filme zutreffen.
              R.i.P. Mitsuharu Misawa (18.06.1962 - 13.06.2009)
              R.i.P. "Macho Man" Randy Savage (15.11.1952 - 20.05.2011)

Meine Filmsammlung

Offline Lionel

Das Ding dürft doch aber auch nich teuer sein, dann lohnt es sich schon wieder.
                Wie gesagt, um die 15 Pfund..also ich hätt nix dagegen, wenn hier mal jemand als "Versuchskaninchen" zuschlagen würde. :whistle:  :D

Oldboy - Save the Green Planet - My Sassy Girl - Once Upon a Time in High School - I Saw the Devil - The Man from Nowhere - Attack the Gas Station - Silmido - Taegukgi - Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance - Shiri - Joint Security Area - R-Point - Bittersweet Life - Windstruck - Arahan - Crying Fist - City of Violence - Beat - Rush - Memories of Murder - The Host - Friend - The Foul King - A Tale of Two Sisters - The Good, the Bad, the Weird - Peppermint Candy - Thirst - Mother - The Quiet Family - Kick the Moon - 2009: Lost Memories - Geochilmaru - City of the Rising Sun - Barking Dogs Never Bite - Straßen der Gewalt - I'm a Cyborg, but that's ok - Bichunmoo - Musa - Bin Jip - Il Mare - Say Yes - Kilimanjaro - Fighter in the Wind - My Wife is a Gangster - Nowhere to Hide - Public Enemy - Into the Mirror - Tell Me Something - Hansel & Gretel - The Chaser - The Classic - The Way Home

Meine Filmsammlung

Offline JasonXtreme

• Global Moderator
                  • Weiter im Text...
                  Also ich bin für diesen Monat leider mehr als vorbelastet KK-mässich :D

Meine DVDs

Crash_Kid_One

• Gast

Offline Lionel

Da wir es im Smalltalk grad drüber (also über Grindhouse) hatten...

Würd mich nach wie vor interessieren..Preis passt (ca. 15 Pfund ama UK, siehe Link ganz oben).

Meine Filmsammlung