BRONSON - Britains most violent Prisoner

Offline JasonXtreme

• Let me be your Valentineee! YEAH!
  • Global Moderator
    • Weiter im Text...
      • Show only replies by JasonXtreme
    Noch nie was von gehört - aber der sieht echt ma richtig spassig aus :D
    Einmal dachte ich ich hätte unrecht... aber ich hatte mich geirrt.

Meine DVDs

Offline Havoc

• Bürohengst sucht Paragraphenreiterin
    • Die Großen Alten
      • Let me show you its features, hehehe!
        • Show only replies by Havoc
      Liest sich zumindest schonmal recht interessant.
      Den Trailer werde ich mir dann mal zu Hause anschauen.

Edit:
      Gerade den Trailer gesehen. Yes! :biggrin:
      Den will ich sehen!
      « Letzte Änderung: 16. Januar 2009, 16:24:44 von Havoc »
      “When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong.  I’m liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life.  Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend.  Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world”

Offline Nation-on-Fire

• Das Beste am Norden !
      • Die Großen Alten
        • Not everyone likes Metal - FUCK THEM !!!!
          • Show only replies by Nation-on-Fire
        Gibts da noch ein paar mehr Infos zu ? Trailer macht neugierig  8)

Offline Flightcrank

• Just a guy stuck in the 80s...
            • Show only replies by Flightcrank
          Der Typ is cool, der Trailer is abgefahren. Bin gespannt!  :biggrin:

Offline Freddy

• aka Chris
              • Show only replies by Freddy
            Das "Clockwork Orange des 21ten Jahrhunderts", dann bin ich ja auch mal gespannt.
            Trailer macht auf jedenfall neugierig und rockt.  :D
            Meine Filme-Sammlung

/ / /  Mads Mikkelsen  //  Ryan Gosling  //  John Turtorro  //  Elle Fanning  / / /  NICOLAS WINDING REFN

Wann zur Hölle kommt der raus???????? Ich muss den Film sehen!!!!!!!! sofort..........

Offline Ed

• Die Großen Alten
              • "The Feminist"
                • Show only replies by Ed
              Arrrrrrrrgh, warum stand im Titel nix davon, dass das Gerät von Nicolas Winding Refn kommt!?!?!

Somit absolut Pflicht für mich :!:

Trailer gleich mal anschauen...

Offline Ed

• Die Großen Alten
                • "The Feminist"
                Veeeeerdammt nochmal. Das wird neben The Wrestler mein absolutes Highlight 2009 :!:

Ohhhhhhhh mann, das wird ganz groß :D

Offline JasonXtreme

• Global Moderator
                  • Weiter im Text...
                  Also irgendwie sieht der für mich nicht nach Clockwork sondern nach Chopper aus - nur in gut :D

Meine DVDs

Offline Ed

• Die Großen Alten
                    • "The Feminist"

Hat mich auch an chopper marc read erinnert.Und wann kommt der nun?

Offline Ed

• Die Großen Alten
                      • "The Feminist"
                      Text sagt:

Sundance: ziemlich genau im Moment

UK Theatrical: April

Also im schlimsten Fall Spätsommer als UK Import DVD :!: Noch recht lange hin...leider  :(

Offline Thomas Covenant

• Die Großen Alten
                          • Show only replies by Thomas Covenant
                        First Review

Hey Harry,

It's been a while since I've even had anything for you. I think the last thing I sent you was a review of Kung Fu Hustle from Sundance. Anyway, I hit up a few films at the fest this year and thought I would give you my thoughts on them. FIrst off here is a review of Bronson.

I'm not going to bother with a blow-by-blow of all the major plot points or anything like that because if you really want to know about the life of Michael Gordon Peterson aka Charlie Bronson, you can just read about it on Wikipedia or something. Instead I'll let you in on the important parts of THIS film, which isn't really a comprehensive list of his life's events, it's more of a riff on who this man might be.

The most interesting thing about this film is the style in which they chose to portray "Britain's most violent criminal". It's a comedy... I think. the best way to describe it is... well, imagine if Napoleon Dynamite grew up and turned into a psychotic bare knuckled boxer that enjoyed beating the crap out of cops. That sounds like a joke but I'm dead serious about it. The style and bizarre, quirky
                            humor reminded me A LOT of Napoleon's sense of humor. And there is some really funny shit in there. Charlie even turns to art at one point and has his own disturbing versions of the Liger. But I digress.

THE GOOD: Tom Hardy is absolutely, blow-the-doors-off, call-your-mother, clean-your-pants-out, awesome. I don't know much about the real Charlie Bronson, but Hardy's version of him is so entertaining that I will freely dive right into anything that he is in from this point on. He's hilarious, but also scary and imposing and brutal enough to make Vinnie Jones cry like a little girl. He really is that good and I can't wait to see him in any other role. Also really good: the music. Some great 80's stuff.

THE NOT SO GOOD: I was not a fan of the structure. There is really two forms of storytelling in this film. First is the dramatic representation of his life, fairly standard with a little dialogue (but not much really), that is told mostly through narraration by Charlie himself. Sometimes choosing a
                            voice over for exposition is the easy way out for a writer, but that really didn't bother me in this case. The second form was Charlie Bronson actually standing up on stage telling his life story to an audience, sometimes dressed as a clown. This is clearly a representation of the inner workings of his mind and his desire to be known and to entertain, but it was used a little too much and the story
                            suffered because of it. Any screenwriter will cringe at the words "show me don't tell me" but in this case that's exactly what is wrong. At one point Charlie stands on stage singing a song while file footage of his rooftop siege of Broadmoor asylum for the criminally insane plays out on a screen next to him. It felt to me like they were really glossing over an extremely interesting section of his life.
                            Something that I would have loved to see play out dramatically. I'm sure it was done mostly because of
                            budgetary restrictions since he caused 70,000 pounds of damage to the facility. And like I said this is not a straight up biography so some may disagree with me about the effectiveness of the technique.

Overall though, I thought it was a great film that is worth seeing if only for Tom Hardy's work. I give it an 8 out of 10.

I'll be sending you reviews of Black Dynamite and The Informers soon as well.

A-Bone

Offline Havoc

• Bürohengst sucht Paragraphenreiterin
                        • Die Großen Alten
                          • Let me show you its features, hehehe!
                            • Show only replies by Havoc
                          Das hört sich doch genau nach dem an, was ich sehen möchte.  :biggrin:

PS:
                          Den Herr Charles Bronson gibt es ja auch wirklich:
                          http://www.freebronson.co.uk/
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bronson_(prisoner)
                          « Letzte Änderung: 27. Januar 2009, 07:31:38 von Havoc »
                          “When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong.  I’m liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life.  Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend.  Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world”

Offline JasonXtreme

• Global Moderator
                            • Weiter im Text...
                            Das tönt in der Tat mal richtig gut :D

Meine DVDs

Offline OnlyEnemyMyself

• That´s the bottom line cause OEM said so!!!
                                • Show only replies by OnlyEnemyMyself
                              ja ein sehr interessanter und vielversprechender trailer - könnte echt ein neuer clockwork orange werden