Sol Yurick - THE WARRIORS -- die Buchvorlage zu Walter Hill's Film!

Offline Lionel

• Angemeldet: 29.06.02
    • I'm the King of Moonduk High!
      • Show only replies by Lionel

http://www.amazon.com/Warriors-Sol-Yurick/dp/0802139922/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251922931&sr=1-1

The basis for the cult-classic film

The night of July 4. Teenage violence runs wild through the streets, exploding with firecrackers and patriotic celebration. In the Bronx, the police move in to break up a citywide convention of gang leaders. Whistles, shots, pounding nightsticks, and suddenly, six members of "the Family"—the Coney Island Dominators—are alone on enemy terrain. Their desperate flight back to their native turf is a journey filled with murder, rape, and subway mayhem that will leave the awestruck reader at a new station of awareness.

An exhilarating novel that examines New York City teenagers, left behind by society, The Warriors is Sol Yurick’s first novel, and it is a triumph of his imagination and skill. What emerges from this night of madness and orgy has a relevance to the large-scale human experience, a relevance far surpassing its immediate front-page topicality.
    (amazon.com)

Im Gegensatz zu WANDERERS fand ich diese Buchvorlage hier sehr gewöhnungsbedürftig. Das Buch ist wirklich völlig anders, vor allem ist der Schreibstil sehr leseunfreundlich, wenig flüssig, komplex und konfus - jedenfalls ist das mein Eindruck. Hab mich ein wenig durchgekämpft.
    Das Buch ist von Kritikern ja hochgelobt, aber konnt mich nicht so recht damit anfreunden. Im Gegensatz zum Film sind die Warriors keine "Helden", sie haben auch ziemlich Dreck am Stecken (z. B. Vergewaltigung etc.). Irgendwie kommen sie nicht halb so sympathisch rüber. Auch haben sie ganz andere Namen.
    Yurick wollte wohl so eine Art Neuinterpretation aus der griechischen Mythologie mit diesem Buche schaffen. Dem Film konnte er offenbar nichts abgewinnen. Nicht mehr sein "Baby". Mir geht es genau andersrum.
    Kein schlechtes Buch, aber anders als der Film und..seltsam.
    Auch hier liegt meines Wissens nach keine Übersetzung vor.

Oldboy - Save the Green Planet - My Sassy Girl - Once Upon a Time in High School - I Saw the Devil - The Man from Nowhere - Attack the Gas Station - Silmido - Taegukgi - Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance - Shiri - Joint Security Area - R-Point - Bittersweet Life - Windstruck - Arahan - Crying Fist - City of Violence - Beat - Rush - Memories of Murder - The Host - Friend - The Foul King - A Tale of Two Sisters - The Good, the Bad, the Weird - Peppermint Candy - Thirst - Mother - The Quiet Family - Kick the Moon - 2009: Lost Memories - Geochilmaru - City of the Rising Sun - Barking Dogs Never Bite - Straßen der Gewalt - I'm a Cyborg, but that's ok - Bichunmoo - Musa - Bin Jip - Il Mare - Say Yes - Kilimanjaro - Fighter in the Wind - My Wife is a Gangster - Nowhere to Hide - Public Enemy - Into the Mirror - Tell Me Something - Hansel & Gretel - The Chaser - The Classic - The Way Home

Meine Filmsammlung

Offline JasonXtreme

• Let me be your Valentineee! YEAH!
    • Global Moderator
      • Weiter im Text...
        • Show only replies by JasonXtreme
      Liegt in der Tat keine vor ;) das Exemplar steht bei mir auch im Regal - und wird bei Gelegenheit mal angegangen. Was ich aber so lese lässt mich das noch etwas weiter nach Hinten verschieben
      Einmal dachte ich ich hätte unrecht... aber ich hatte mich geirrt.

Meine DVDs