FROM BEYOND Director's Cut als RC1 von MGM

Offline nemesis

• In der Vergangenheit lebender
  • Die Großen Alten
    • Videosaurier
      • Show all replies
    Zitat von: "nemesis"
    Und nun sieht es so aus, als ob der Film im Laufe des Jahres in den USA von MGM veröffentlicht wird. Das wäre die erste US-VÖ des Filmes dort. Aber das ist nicht alles, denn laut Ain´t It Cool News wurde unveröffentlichtes Material gefunden, und zwar einiges Leckeres, welches damals auf "Anraten" der MPAA weichen musste. Ein DC des Filmes scheint somit nicht ausgeschlossen. Hier der Link dazu:
    http://aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=19063

Das schrieb ich 3 Minuten vor Bloodster in den From Beyond von Dragon-Thread. Aber da er meint, das wäre einen eigene Thread wert...bin ja nicht so... ;)

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
      • Videosaurier
        • Show all replies
      Es gibt Neuigkeiten zum DC von From Beyond:
      Zitat
      Monsters HD, the 24-hour high-definition channel devoted to horror films, gave Fango the word that it will premiere the restored director’s cut of Stuart Gordon’s FROM BEYOND on June 10 at 8 p.m., in advance of its DVD debut. With the filmmaker’s help, the Monsters team has reinstated scenes into the H.P. Lovecraft-inspired film that fans have only been able to read about for the past 20 years, and given the movie a fresh new look. “The transfer is really stunning,” Gordon says. “Mac Ahlberg, the DP, did a beautiful job and it’s got all these lurid colors. It was fun to see it again and to see it looking so good. I think it holds up pretty well. Everything that was trimmed by the MPAA is now back in the movie and it was great to see it restored. I had a wonderful feeling after it was done. An enormous sense of relief.”

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=5684
      http://videowatchdog.blogspot.com/2006/03/monsters-hd-restores-gordons-from.html

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
        • Videosaurier
          • Show all replies

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
          • Videosaurier
            • Show all replies
          In einem aktuellen Interview redet Stuart Gordon unter anderem auch über die kommende DVD:

RS: My favorite movie of yours, From Beyond, is finally coming out on DVD this year.

Gordon: Yeah, it is coming out and it’s a new director’s cut. We were able to find the material that the MPAA made us cut out and we put it all back in.

RS: I read that the uncut footage was just in a film can sitting in some warehouse.

Gordon: Yeah, that’s right. I had been told that it was thrown out. But it turned out that MGM found it. One of the happiest days I’ve had in a long time was opening up that film can and finding all those little trims.

RS: Is it standalone scenes or will it lengthen certain scenes?

Gordon: It’s really lengthening existing scenes. The MPAA was getting revenge from Re-Animator which was released unrated. They really did a hatchet to From Beyond. So this was a chance to put back everything they had cut.

RS: It doesn’t get any sicker than when Barbara Crampton bites off that pineal gland.

Gordon: But it does get sicker than that, far sicker. The one that caused the most trouble, which was the scene where my wife [Carolyn Purdy-Gordon], who played the character Dr. Bloch, has her brain sucked through her eye sockets.

Das komplette Interview:
          http://www.reallyscary.com/interview_stuartgordon.asp

Offline nemesis

• Die Großen Alten
            • Videosaurier
              • Show all replies
            Am 11. September erscheint der DC in den Staaten auf DVD:

Erinnert ein wenig an das Motiv der Dragon-DVD. Nett.