Snow and the Seven

Offline der Dude

• Die Großen Alten
    irre neu ist diese news nicht, aber wurde bisher hier auch noch nicht erwähnt.
    auf dem weg von hamburg nach frankfurt hatten wir davon im radio gehört.

studio:
    disney

regie:
    francis lawrence (constantin, diverse musikvideos, sowie das kommende i am legend mit will smith)

der cast:
    den gerüchten zufolge
    natalie portman als die prinzessin
    jet li als einer der mönche

die story:
    in der britischen kolonie china im jahre anno1880 flüchtet eine englische prinzessin in ein mönchskloster, wo ihr 7 mönche asyl gewehren.

geplanter start:

dudes senf:
    tjo, wenn man jetzt die klassische geschichte "schneewitchen" auf die obige zusammenfassung transferiert, sollte jedem klar sein, um was es geht :D ein martial arts remake des zeichentrickklassikers von disney aus dem jahre 1937, bzw. die martial arts adaption des grimm-märchens (wie mans sehn möchte :) ) da tauchen zum teil auch bekannte namen auf wie woo-ping yuen, der choreograf von filmen wie kill bill oder matrix.
    tjo, was soll ich sagen. klingt schräg. ist es warschienlich auch. es klingt sogar so schräg, ich denke das wird disney irgend einer tochterfirma unterjubeln. klingt auf jeden fall mal nach spass. und nach fearless, kann der ruhig kommen, wenn auch mit bedenken bezüglich disney. ich hoffe sie haben sich mit pirates of the caribbean schön ausgetobt und halten sich mit diesem hier ein wenig zurück. und vielleicht haben wir glück und es wird mehr so ein dreckiger indi film ^^

weitere infos:
    Zitat von: jimhillmedia.com
    Speaking of action-adventure, Walt Disney Pictures is looking to put a martial arts spin on the studio's animated masterpiece, "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" with the studio's 2008 release, "Snow and the Seven." This live action feature (Which the studio hopes to shoot on-location in China) is set in the 1880s, when an reluctant English princess suddenly finds herself in need of protection while traveling overseas. And who then comes to her aid? Seven Shaolin monks.

I know, I know. "Snow and the Seven" sounds kind of bizarre. Though -- truth be told -- this production has a pretty amazing pedigree. The film's screenplay has been written by Michael Chabon, the 2001 Pulitzer Prize-winner who also crafted the scripts for "Spider-Man 2" and "Wonder Boys." And for Woo-ping Yuen, the movie's director ... This is the guy who choreographed all of the fight sequences in the "Kill Bill" films as well as the "Matrix" trilogy.

And Yuen ... According to what studio sources have told me, Woo-ping is looking to make "Snow and the Seven" the "Ocean's 11" of martial arts movies. Meaning that Yuen is out to recruit some of the biggest names in martial arts film history to make appearances in this motion picture. Then add to this Chabon's clever concept that each of the Shaolin priests will have at least one trait that will remind viewers of the dwarfs from Disney's 1937 animated version ... And it sounds like "Snow and the Seven" could be one fun flick.

Alright. I know that there are those of you out there who are already upset that Disney would even think of remaking "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs." Much less turning this animated masterpiece into a martial arts movie. But you have to understand that this isn't the first time that the Mouse has actually thought about remaking "Snow White."
    http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2007/02/26/mousewatch-monday.aspx

links:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0432355/