Freesia: Bullet over Tears (Furîjia) - Mangaverfilmung

Offline Lionel

• Angemeldet: 29.06.02
    • I'm the King of Moonduk High!

http://www.ofdb.de/film/117687,Freesia-Bullet-Over-Tears

Here's a description of Freesia - Bullet Over Tears from the IFFR website: "In the near future, in a violent and chaotic Japan, victims are allowed by law to take revenge with the aid of a special hit man. That's how our traumatised, erratic hero Hiroshi earns his living. But basically he's looking for his lost feeling." Film based on the strange and worrying cult mangas by Matsumoto.

The story goes that during the Edo era, when Japan was still hermetically sealed off from the rest of the world, criminals could be executed by a professional hit man at the request of a victim. Those who were sentenced to death in this way were informed in advance and were allowed to hire their own protection. The hypothesis in the cult manga series Freesia by Matsumoto Jiro, and also in Kumakiri’s latest film Freesia - Bullet over Tears, is that in a repressive, chaotic Japan in the near future, this law will again apply. The protagonist is such an angel of revenge, Hiroshi. He showed his cold-bloodedness on his first commission for the Katsuma Revenge Agency and it will soon turn out to be erratic dispassion. Fifteen years earlier he was traumatised by an experiment with a 'freeze bomb' and stripped of human feelings. His female employer Higuchi was also hit by the same event and she wants to take revenge on Toshio, whose father was the soldier who ordered the gruesome experiment. Kumakiri is one of the young Japanese directors who has affinity for both calm, psychological dramas and equally stylish and bloody genre films. Matsumoto's dystopic vision of the future, which is primarily seen in the unexplained background chaos, is in very good hands with Kumakiri. Another manga considered unfilmable has been filmed."
    (twitchfilm.net)

Trailer:

Der Film wurde vor ein paar Splatting-Image-Ausgaben ziemlich positiv besprochen. Interessiert mich seit damals. Aber man findet recht wenig Informationen im Netz. Es existiert wohl nur eine japanische DVD.

Oldboy - Save the Green Planet - My Sassy Girl - Once Upon a Time in High School - I Saw the Devil - The Man from Nowhere - Attack the Gas Station - Silmido - Taegukgi - Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance - Shiri - Joint Security Area - R-Point - Bittersweet Life - Windstruck - Arahan - Crying Fist - City of Violence - Beat - Rush - Memories of Murder - The Host - Friend - The Foul King - A Tale of Two Sisters - The Good, the Bad, the Weird - Peppermint Candy - Thirst - Mother - The Quiet Family - Kick the Moon - 2009: Lost Memories - Geochilmaru - City of the Rising Sun - Barking Dogs Never Bite - Straßen der Gewalt - I'm a Cyborg, but that's ok - Bichunmoo - Musa - Bin Jip - Il Mare - Say Yes - Kilimanjaro - Fighter in the Wind - My Wife is a Gangster - Nowhere to Hide - Public Enemy - Into the Mirror - Tell Me Something - Hansel & Gretel - The Chaser - The Classic - The Way Home

Meine Filmsammlung